Saturday, October 27, 2012

Patching Toms

                             Patching Toms


After about 7 months of wearing my Toms daily, my big toe decided to pop right out of the shoe! I decided to patch them up after seeing something about it on Pinterest. Sometimes the how-to-do's on Pinterest are confusing, so I hope this helps!


Duration:
10-30 minutes

Supplies:
holey toms
scissors
fabric glue
fabric of choice
denim


Step 1: You are going to get a hole in your Toms. Its going to happen, people.
Step 2: Gather your supplies. All the supplies are listed above, but a picture looks good too. 

Step 3: you are going to cut out a tiny piece of denim. ( If you dont have any old denim, go to a thrift store and buy a really cheap pair) You will then place the denim over the hole(even if the other side doesnt have a hole, I would put it on both, because its bound to get a hole too and this will prevent it from getting one any sooner) You will just iron on the denim piece
Step 4: You are going to take your fabric glue and place it along the seam of the shoe, that way it looks cleaner.  Just place the fabric you chose along it just like the picture below 

Step 5: You will then cut all the excess off the bottom. Now when I did this I didn't understand how they figured out the bottom. You will slide your fingernail along the seam and let it dry a little bit. Later cut the extra.
(I went through the bottom with fingernail clippers and clipped the extra little pieces!
Step 6: Dont wear them for at least a day, to make sure the glue is stuck! Enjoy!
Any questions, just comment!


2 comments:

  1. I tried to do this to the t and probably should've chosen a thicker fabric.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My fabric was not very thick when I did it.. Did the toe pop through again?

    ReplyDelete